2017/18 Season rates:
Pay on or before 31th October 2017 and receive a $10 discount - $65 single or $80 family. No discount for Youths
please click here to download the registration form.
CONSTITUTION & RULES
OTAGO WATER SKI CLUB INCORPORATED
1. The name of the Club shall be the “Otago Water Ski Club Incorporated”.
2. The objects of the Club shall be as follows:
(a) To promote the sport of water skiing in all forms, including ski racing, kite flying and marathons and barefooting.
(b) To provide facilities for the coaching and teaching of members so that the sport of water skiing can be conducted with safety to all beach and water users.
(c) To promote standards of good behaviour for the Club members in relation to themselves and in relation to the general public.
(d) To purchase hire or otherwise acquire such other equipment as may be suitable to the requirements of the Club.
(e) To purchase hire or take on lease any real property as may be suitable to the requirements of the Club.
(f) To establish and maintain club rooms with or without furniture, accommodation and refreshments for the use (subject to the rules of the Club) of members and visitors and to hold entertainments in such club rooms or elsewhere.
(g) To buy, lease, sell, mortgage, charge, exchange or otherwise deal with all or any of the real or personal property of the Club.
(h) To affiliate with any other body or bodies having similar objects to the Club.
(a) Membership of the Club shall be open to both sexes.
(b) Any person desiring to become a member shall make application in writing, giving such information as the Executive Committee shall require.
(c) The Executive Committee shall consider all written applications at its next meeting after receiving same.
(d) Shall the applicant receive not less than three quarters of the votes of the Executive Committee at the meeting considering the application, then such application shall be granted.
(e) The Executive Committee shall not be required to state any reasons for the rejection of any application.
(f) The Club may elect such Honorary Members as it thinks fit, but such Honorary members shall be such for a period of one year only unless re-elected.
(g) The annual membership fee shall be such sum as may from time to time be decided in General Meeting.
CESSOR OF MEMBERSHIP
(a) Any financial member may resign from the Club by giving notice of his resignation in writing addressed to the Secretary prior to the end of the financial year.
(b) The resignation of an unfinancial member my not be accepted until all arrears due to the date of such notice of resignation shall have been paid.
(c) Any member who shall fail to pay his annual subscription within three months of its becoming due or shall become bankrupt may be expelled from the Club by a resolution of the Executive Committee.
(d) If any member shall be guilty of any breach of the rules of the Club or of any properly made by-laws of this Club, or be guilty of any conduct which in the opinion of the Executive Committee is detrimental to the interests of the Club, the Executive Committee may expel such member by resolution PROVIDED HOWEVER that the Executive Committee shall first give not less than seven clear days written notice of such proposed expulsion and such offending member shall first be allowed to make such statements and produce such witnesses as are reasonable, in his defence.
5. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held in the month of August in each year or so soon thereafter as shall be practicable.
6. The Executive Committee may at any time, and shall on receipt of a requisition signed by not less than one fifth of the financial members of the Club, call a Special General Meeting.
7. Fourteen days notice of an Annual General Meeting and seven days notice of a Special General Meeting shall be given to members by
1. a circular or notice
2. or an advertisement in the daily newspaper circulating in Dunedin and such circular, notice or advertisement shall state the business to be transacted at such meeting.
8. The Executive Committee shall meet at such time or times as it shall think fit provided that three members may by notice in writing to the Secretary call for a Special Committee Meeting, such meeting to be held with 10 days from receipt of the requisition by the Secretary.
9. Eight members personally present shall constitute a quorum for all meetings save an Executive Committee Meeting when the quorum shall be five members personally present.
10. All matters unless otherwise provided by these rules shall be decided by a majority vote of financial members being those who are financial as at 30th June.
11. All voting shall be by show of hands unless a ballot shall first be called for when voting shall be by secret ballot.
12. Each financial member shall be entitled to one vote, save that at a meeting where there is an equality of votes the Chairman shall have a casting as well as a deliberative vote.
13. The officers of the Club shall consist of:-
(b) A President who shall take the chair at all meetings and who shall generally supervise all the activities of the Club.
(d) A Secretary who shall keep all records of the Club, minutes of all meetings, attend to all correspondence and be responsible for the carrying out of all duties properly delegated to him.
(e) A Treasurer who shall be responsible for the collection and payment of all accounts due to or by the Club and who shall prepare the annual Statement of Accounts for submission to the Annual General Meeting. Such accounts shall be in the hands of the Auditor as to enable them to be audited and then circulated to all members 14 days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
(f) In addition, the Club may also appoint a Patron, who shall be elected annually, or a Vice President who shall assume the duties of the President when that officer is absent, or both.
14. In addition to the above mentioned Officers there shall be appointed at the Annual General Meeting in each year a minimum of four committee members, who together with the President, Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President and Club Captain if appointed, shall form the Executive Committee of the Club. Also if the position of Past-President does occur this member shall automatically become an additional member of the Executive Committee for the ensuing year only.
15. The Executive Committee shall have the power to co-opt such additional persons as it shall think fit provided that such co-opted members of the Executive Committee shall have no vote at Executive Committee Meetings.
16. An Auditor shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting in each year and is not to be a member of the Executive Committee.
17. Any casual vacancy which may from time to time occur due to the resignation or prolonged unavailability of an elected officer or committee member shall be filled by the Executive Committee and the members so chosen shall hold office until the next succeeding Annual General Meeting.
18. In addition to the powers herein conferred the Executive Committee shall have the power and authority:-
(a) to delegate powers to a sub-committee.
(b) to levy such fines or other punishment as it shall think fit upon Club members for breaches of the rules or by-laws of the Club.
(c) to appoint a Club Captain to act in place of the President or Vice President at such Club activities as it may be considered proper. Such Club Caption if appointed shall be in sole charge of the function for which he is appointed and shall have such other powers and duties as the Executive Committee shall delegate to him.
(d) generally to manage the affairs of the Club in all ways to obtain the better carrying out of the aims and objects of the Club.
19. Should any member of the Executive Committee be absent from three consecutive Executive Committee Meetings without satisfactory reasons being given then the Executive Committee shall have the power to declare such member’s seat vacant and to replace such member upon the same terms and conditions of office as set out in clause 17 thereof.
CONTROL OF FUNDS
(a) All moneys received by the Treasurer of the Club or other authorised person shall be deposited in such back as may from time to time be decided by the Executive Committee to a current account in the name of the Club. Moneys may be drawn from such account by cheques signed by the President and Secretary, President and Treasurer or such other persons as shall be empowered in that behalf by the Executive Committee.
All cheques and Bills of Exchange requiring endorsement may be endorsed by either the President, Secretary or Treasurer.
(b) All accounts due for payment shall first be passed by the Executive Committee before settlement is effected.
(c) The funds of the Club may be invested by the Executive Committee in any investments authorised by law for trust funds.
(d) The Club’s financial year shall be from the first day of July in any year to the 30th day of June the following year.
21. The Club shall have the power to borrow or raise money by way of overdraft or otherwise either with or without security and to secure payment of any money borrowed or owing by the Club, by mortgage on the Club’s property and to execute and issue mortgages, bonds or debentures, promissory notes or other instruments for securing the same (with or without charge) on all or any part of the Club’s property and on such terms as to priority and otherwise as the Committee thinks fit, and so that any such security may either be given or to secure payment of the balance of the account current from time to time existing between the Club and the holder of such security. The borrowing powers of the Club may be exercised from time to time by the Committee.
(a) If the Club shall be wound up compulsorily the funds of the Club shall be distributed according to subclause (c).
(b) The Club may be wound up voluntarily if at a General Meeting of its members a resolution is passed requiring the Club so to be wound up and the resolution is confirmed at a subsequent General Meeting called together for that purpose and held not earlier than 30 days after the date on which the resolution so to be confirmed was passed.
(c) If upon winding up or dissolution of the Club there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Club but shall be given or transferred to some other organisation or body having objects similar to the objects of the Club, or to some other charitable organisation or purpose within New Zealand.
ALTERATION OF RULES
23. At any General Meeting any of the rules of the Club may be altered, added to or rescinded by vote of the Majority of at least three quarters of the members of the Club present PROVIDED HOWEVER that fourteen days notice in writing of the intention to repeal or alter any existing rule or to make any new rule shall be given to the Secretary who shall immediately notify members of the same provided also that no amendment, addition or rescission shall be approved if it affects the amateur sports aims, personal benefit clause 25 or winding-up clause 22 without the approval of Inland Revenue.
The provisions and effect of this clause shall not be removed from this document and shall be included and implied into any document replacing this document.
24. The Executive Committee may, should there be insufficient funds for the objects of the Club in any year, impose a levy on members provided that such levy shall not exceed a sum equal to the annual subscription unless such levy shall first have been approved at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose.
25. No member of the Club or any person associated with a member shall participate in or materially influence any decision made by the Club in respect of the payment to or on behalf of that member or associated person of any income, benefit or advantage whatsoever.
Any such income paid shall be reasonable and relative to that which would be paid in an arm’s length transaction (being the open market value). The provision and effect of this rule shall not be removed from this document and shall be included and implied into any document replacing this document.
A. The Common Seal shall be kept in the custody of the Secretary at the Registered Office of the Club.
B. The Common Seal shall be affixed to documents by the Secretary or the Secretary-Treasurer only in pursuance of a resolution of the Executive Committee and in the presence of either the President or Vice-President and the Secretary or Secretary-Treasurer.